Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hotel and Suites on Jarvis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hotel and Suites on Jarvis?

I'm planning a 4 day/3night stay in Toronto in mid November and was wondering if anyone has stayed or visited the Grand Hotel and Suites on Jarvis street. The price is decent for a Junior Suite. Just over $$ a night. Is it a nice place? Is it SP/Hobbiest friendly? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Blue

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hotel and Suites on Jarvis?

A suggestion that has 50% less pricey suites is Comfort Suites at 200 Jarvis about half a block further North but with a few less perks like french doors and plush robes. A good two room suite w/jacuzzi there in mid-Nov is about 250 as compared to 450/500 at Grand. Many of the girls live fairly nearby too. Visitors go nowhere near the desk, they are able to walk in to the elevators which are off to the side in an alcove just to the right inside the doors!

I prefer to have the girls come to me and I've had no problems there whatsoever in 4 years. An exception is with the 5th floor penthouse VIP suites, where there is only access by elevator to the 5th using a room keycard, meaning you must to go down to the lobby with your keycard to meet your guests.

Comment

The Grand is nice, no idea of the other place you mentioned. There are many wonderful places in TO. Jacuzzis are always fun. Shop around.

S~

Comment

Originally posted by bluequad
        I'm planning a 4 day/3night stay in Toronto in mid November and was wondering if anyone has stayed or visited the Grand Hotel and Suites on Jarvis street. The price is decent for a Junior Suite. Just over $$ a night. Is it a nice place? Is it SP/Hobbiest friendly? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Blue

Just call all the hotels you want first and ask them "do you need a key card for the elavator" and if they say yes then find another hotel.

Just don't pick the Delta Chelsea.
        Be Excellent to One Another.

Comment

Originally posted by admin

Just call all the hotels you want first and ask them "do you need a key card for the elavator" and if they say yes then find another hotel.

What's wrong with the Delta?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew69
            Originally posted by admin

What's wrong with the Delta?
            It's very much for families not people walking in and out at all times....and the security knows that.
            Be Excellent to One Another.

Comment

The Grand is very very nice, I've stayed there a few times in the past. The elevators face the desk(off to the side), but they don't ask any questions. It's a nice place if you are looking for somewhere nice, with a nice pool and stuff to relax in.

Like the Admin said though, Delta is very family oriented, and there are lots of families walking around almost all the time.

Comment

It's great, I once satisfied a dream there. It's nice architecture and well secured with an elegant feeeling. I suggest it.

Comment

Thanks to all that responded. I ended up booking a room at the Comfort Suites on Dundas.

Comment

Working...
                  X