Goodhandy's Parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodhandy's Parking

Just a question about parking at or near Goodhandy's. Is there adequate places to park in a lot or on the street nearby or is it better to take a taxi?

Re: Goodhandy's Parking

Originally posted by bluequad
    Just a question about parking at or near Goodhandy's. Is there adequate places to park in a lot or on the street nearby or is it better to take a taxi?
    theres 2 parking lots within 50 yards of the front door its like 12 bucks to park or after 9 you can park on the side street for free
    lisaparadise

Comment

Actually the parking lot right beside Goodhandy's is $5 (you must use the machine to get a ticket to put on your dashboard) after 9pm on a weekday and $10 after 9pm (either a man will be there to take your money and may be haggled to $5 if you want) on a weekend. Make sure you pay if you go there, many people got their cars towed away. Lisa can attest to this.

Comment

Parking along the street (Richmond?) is free (isn't it?)

Comment

O.k. In regards to Goodhandy's parking, yes, sensual lover is right. There is a parking area beside the building and as he said you either pay the meter or the attendant. I learned this the HARD way. What's that mean? Well...let's just say I think I'm the only person in recent history to drive to the place going up one way streets in the opposite direction let alone not seeing the stop signs.

and then there is the streetcar debacle.....

Comment

LOL. I don't mean to laugh Rantsalot but your post reminds me of a recent trip I made to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I call it the "City of No Left Turn" I must have drove for 45 minutes around the streets, all the while being able to see the hotel I was staying at but I couldn't get to it because every intersection I came to was a One Way street going the opposite direction I needed to go and signs everywhere that said "No Left Turn". I fianlly went the wrong way on a One Way street to get to the parking lot next to the Hotel. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode.

Comment

LOL. I don't mean to laugh Rantsalot but your post reminds me of a recent trip I made to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I call it the "City of No Left Turn" I must have drove for 45 minutes around the streets, all the while being able to see the hotel I was staying at but I couldn't get to it because every intersection I came to was a One Way street going the opposite direction I needed to go and signs everywhere that said "No Left Turn". I fianlly went the wrong way on a One Way street to get to the parking lot next to the Hotel. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode.
              bluequad...lol..no its ok..I've shared this story with many of my friends but haven't confessed all my traffic violations on here until now.

Yes. Toronto has the same thing...many no right turns and then the rush hour traffic. Basically I make my own law when I drive in the city. Stuff I've done

- driven on Queen Street West with my car partly on the road and partly on the sidewalk.
              - cut off a streetcar for going "to slow"
              - chased a guy on Danforth street after he issued me a ticket. Yeah, no joke, I shouted to him to wait and he gets on his bike and speeds off and I chased him on foot
              - driven up Bloor Street and Jarvis Street in the opposite flow of traffic just so I could AVOID an accident. Figure that out
              - stepped out of my car and had a chat with a cabbie who was saying many not nice things to me...strange thing is as soon as I stepped out of my car he suddenly got really really nice and friendly with his behavior.

Believe what you will but I have witnesses that can verify all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantsalot
                bluequad...lol..no its ok..I've shared this story with many of my friends but haven't confessed all my traffic violations on here until now.

Yes. Toronto has the same thing...many no right turns and then the rush hour traffic. Basically I make my own law when I drive in the city. Stuff I've done

- driven on Queen Street West with my car partly on the road and partly on the sidewalk.
                - chased a guy on Danforth street after he issued me a ticket. Yeah, no joke, I shouted to him to wait and he gets on his bike and speeds off and I chased him on foot
                - driven up Bloor Street and Jarvis Street in the opposite flow of traffic just so I could AVOID an accident. Figure that out
                - stepped out of my car and had a chat with a cabbie who was saying many not nice things to me...strange thing is as soon as I stepped out of my car he suddenly got really really nice and friendly with his behavior.

I know Rants all too well. Add on a bunch of parking tickets to that list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sensual_lover20
                  Originally posted by Rantsalot

I know Rants all too well. Add on a bunch of parking tickets to that list as well.
                  The one I got on Danforth was unjustified. Oh but the guy who issued it to me was sooooo eager to get away on his bike.

Comment

Working...
                  X