French! What is the entitlement for?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French! What is the entitlement for?!

I have been observing this phenomenon for a long time now. I have noticed a sense of entitlement among french men!

Please don't get me wrong, but it is an obvious pattern for me. Why the majority, at least those who contacted me, believe they are entitled. Like most of them believe when they say they are french I would just drop my jaws with passion. I have dealt with arrogance from different backgrounds but when it comes to french they are winners!

I know what you mean, Jane. I have one of those "supreme being french" idiots working nearby who acts as though the rest of us owe him a living. Like our soul purpose in life is to serve and please him.

When he walks, his nose is up in the air like he thinks he's some kind of god.

I once asked him why he does that, his reply was "I am french, so I AM superior." Got offended when I laughed loud!

I live in Alberta, so you can imagine how far that attitude goes here. Talk about a fish out of water!

Most of us just ignore this particular moron.

Be interesting to see how these supreme beings would fair when reality set in, if Quebec actually did manage to separate back in the 90s! lol

Talk about living in a fantasy world...

Originally posted by xoxJanexox View Post
    I have been observing this phenomenon for a long time now. I have noticed a sense of entitlement among french men!

Please don't get me wrong, but it is an obvious pattern for me. Why the majority, at least those who contacted me, believe they are entitled. Like most of them believe when they say they are french I would just drop my jaws with passion. I have dealt with arrogance from different backgrounds but when it comes to french they are winners!

Comment

Originally posted by Locomotion View Post
      I know what you mean, Jane. I have one of those "supreme being french" idiots working nearby who acts as though the rest of us owe him a living. Like our soul purpose in life is to serve and please him.

When he walks, his nose is up in the air like he thinks he's some kind of god.

I once asked him why he does that, his reply was "I am french, so I AM superior." Got offended when I laughed loud!

I live in Alberta, so you can imagine how far that attitude goes here. Talk about a fish out of water!

Most of us just ignore this particular moron.

Be interesting to see how these supreme beings would fair when reality set in, if Quebec actually did manage to separate back in the 90s! lol

Talk about living in a fantasy world...
      This must be mean, I actually never came across someone saying it up front like this.

Most of the time it is rather implicit.

Comment

This must be mean, I actually never came across someone saying it up front like this.

Most of the time it is rather implicit.
        This particular individual has a very short fuse. He will explode into a flying rage out of the blue if things don't go the way he wants in his privileged fantasy world.

As a result, most people here just ignore him. No use attempting to be friendly with someone who looks down on you like an insect just because you aren't french.

Don't get me wrong, I know lots of awesome french people ... but there are a certain group of them, particularly the men that behave like this. Must be something they are taught by their parents from a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by Locomotion View Post
          This particular individual has a very short fuse. He will explode into a flying rage out of the blue if things don't go the way he wants in his privileged fantasy world.

As a result, most people here just ignore him. No use attempting to be friendly with someone who looks down on you like an insect just because you aren't french.

Don't get me wrong, I know lots of awesome french people ... but there are a certain group of them, particularly the men that behave like this. Must be something they are taught by their parents from a young age.
          I totally agree with this. I could be biased in my observation because of my location. I have noticed, for example, alot of inquiries start by something like this:

"I am xx yrs old, good looking french" "hot french guy" etc. I have rarely encountered any other ethnicity/background use those lines. And what bothers me most is the false presumption that once they say this, somehow my rates should be reduced! Like seriously, I don't really care about where a person is from as long as they are respectful, good hygiene, and able to afford my services.

Comment

Culture...

I've travelled a lot. In my travels I've seen a lot. For example...in the Middle East I've seen/heard Americans getting off cruise ships and in local restaurants exclaim loudly "why can't I get a good ole fashioned American cheese burger here!" Lol! Could it be because "YOUR IN THE MIDDLE EAST!" Shut up and eat your goat cheese! I've been to KFC in the Middle East where they didn't have chicken...and you want WHAT Lol

I've seen in France where their people don't like French Canadians as they seem to think they are something special there. France prefer English speaking Canadians.

I'm sure we've all experienced at a public function French Canadians singing folk songs so loudly that you can hardly carry on a conversation...disturbing everybody else. I don't know what they're thinking...were all supposed to accept and like it I guess.

Now, on the other hand I've been on a catamaran in Cuba where drunkin' Russians were singing louder than the French (Canadians)...so what do they do...they complain to staff that the Russians are too loud, who in turn are now embarrassed and go around apologizing to everyone for being too loud.

Comment

I don't think any one ethnicity has cornered the marketplace on arrogance. Our proximity to certain groups may give us enough exposure to run into a good percentage of the arrogant ones. I worked with a company up until end of 2009 that sent me all over the country at times. I worked from Vancouver Island to Montreal . I didn't sense any more arrogance or rudeness from my Quebec/French co-workers or from the people whose homes we worked in anymore than any other place.

I've had the same implied entitlement from guys because they are "young, hung & hot", Italians, and black guys because they have BBCs that of courses all women will drop their panties and rates for, or so they think. My usual reply to guys that play the big cock card is "That's great as long as there is not an even bigger asshole attached!"
              *F*A*N*T*A*SA*

Comment

Originally posted by TSFantasia View Post
                I don't think any one ethnicity has cornered the marketplace on arrogance. Our proximity to certain groups may give us enough exposure to run into a good percentage of the arrogant ones. I worked with a company up until end of 2009 that sent me all over the country at times. I worked from Vancouver Island to Montreal . I didn't sense any more arrogance or rudeness from my Quebec/French co-workers or from the people whose homes we worked in anymore than any other place.

I've had the same implied entitlement from guys because they are "young, hung & hot", Italians, and black guys because they have BBCs that of courses all women will drop their panties and rates for, or so they think. My usual reply to guys that play the big cock card is "That's great as long as there is not an even bigger asshole attached!"
                Of course every race and/or ethnicity has their share of arrogance. As all have their share of wonderful people. But on a personal level I have experienced and do believe that certain groups do corner the market on some issues, including arrogance. So if we include the Italians, black guys as you have mentioned...maybe we can give them "arrogance scores and ratings?"

i recall one of the first girls I called to arrange a "business transaction" and she asked me over the phone if I was black. I said I am white. She said "good, I don't fuck and I don't like black men, they stink and they figure because they are black they can get it for free." Funny part is...she's black!

I'm Irish, Scot, Dutch...we corner the market on drinking, singing drunkard songs, fighting, crying, hugging and kissing, drinking and singing again! Lol

Comment

Funny

Funny to read the posts of Miss Jane and Mugsammy. We call that generalisation, like: Oh the Americans are like this, the Germans are like that, the Russians are ...etc.
                  Usually all it shows is ignorance. When Mugsammy says that France prefers English Canadians to French Canadians, he should refers to a survey, personally I am not aware of one. If he refers to his personal opinion based on a few conversations he shows only his lack of formal education. Because I read the posts of Mugsammy can I say that the English Canadians are rednecks ? of course not, that would be generalisation. Funny to ear people saying I travel a lot and are full of prejudices, or saying I am not racist but blacks are like this and that, I am not ethnocentric but French Canadians are a bunch of ...
                  Let's put it this way: in all nation you find good and bad people, people with or without good education, etc. So with all the respect I have to show you please think twice before writing on delicate topics like this one.

Comment

I think you're taking it out of context. We aren't talking about all French Canadians, but mainly the ones with the pro separatist view points who truly believe they are superior to every one else.

Like not all Germans are assholes, but it's safe to say the Germans who belonged to the NAZI party were pretty much all assholes...

Originally posted by ipsofacto View Post
                    Funny to read the posts of Miss Jane and Mugsammy. We call that generalisation, like: Oh the Americans are like this, the Germans are like that, the Russians are ...etc.
                    Usually all it shows is ignorance. When Mugsammy says that France prefers English Canadians to French Canadians, he should refers to a survey, personally I am not aware of one. If he refers to his personal opinion based on a few conversations he shows only his lack of formal education. Because I read the posts of Mugsammy can I say that the English Canadians are rednecks ? of course not, that would be generalisation. Funny to ear people saying I travel a lot and are full of prejudices, or saying I am not racist but blacks are like this and that, I am not ethnocentric but French Canadians are a bunch of ...
                    Let's put it this way: in all nation you find good and bad people, people with or without good education, etc. So with all the respect I have to show you please think twice before writing on delicate topics like this one.

Comment

Wrong

Mister Locomotion you are wrong, you are the only one who is talking about separatist. Nobody else was talking about this. And it has nothing to do with politics. I was talking about generalisation and ignorance. Can you make the difference? Because you make the generalisation that I was talking about. Who told you that the separatist people think they are superrior? Can you give documentation on that?
                      The problem is that lots of people will say all kinds of things but their affirmations cannot rely on serious documentations. Please accept the limit of your competence in certain topics, otherwise the risk is that you will join the redneck community.

Comment

This thread is not about French being good or bad and it would be funny to assume that. It is simply my observation, it could be noticed by others and it couldn't be.

In Ottawa we have two sides, anglo and french generally speaking. While I might have been once or twice contacted by someone saying they are Irish or Scottish etc, I can't actually figure the number of times when their french counterpart started with reminding me of their heritage. What is worse, is that they for most part assume that spelling the word "French" will grant them a special treatment. In a way they behave like the young type of clients who believe they are entitled to a differential treatment.

Of course, I haven't been contacted by all French men. But, relatively I observed a difference. It is like saying gents for the middle east/other areas like to haggle more. It doesn't make them bad people, it just reflects their culture.

Comment

Here Here Miss Jane!!

This thread is not about French being good or bad and it would be funny to assume that. It is simply my observation, it could be noticed by others and it couldn't be.

In Ottawa we have two sides, anglo and french generally speaking. While I might have been once or twice contacted by someone saying they are Irish or Scottish etc, I can't actually figure the number of times when their french counterpart started with reminding me of their heritage. What is worse, is that they for most part assume that spelling the word "French" will grant them a special treatment. In a way they behave like the young type of clients who believe they are entitled to a differential treatment.

Of course, I haven't been contacted by all French men. But, relatively I observed a difference. It is like saying gents for the middle east/other areas like to haggle more. It doesn't make them bad people, it just reflects their culture.
                          And that's all I was doing based on my own experiences, nothing more...well, except for the Irish, Scott part which "I" will believe it to be factual...because that is how I want it to be!! Oh yeah, I've played it out many many times lol

Comment

Right.

True ipsofacto, it wasn't directly mentioned until I brought it up. But we were talking about certain french people who have this attitude, not all.

I think it's been suspected for a while that the separatists are the "master race" types. It slipped out in that referendum nonsense back in the 90s.

After they lost, Jacques Parizeau famously said: "We lost because of the ethnic vote." That line alone pretty much sunk the asshole's popularity.

Took a while for the Nazis' true colours to show too, but the Nazis at least knew not to show it until they had some real power.

Sieg friggin' Heil!

Mister Locomotion you are wrong, you are the only one who is talking about separatist. Nobody else was talking about this. And it has nothing to do with politics. I was talking about generalisation and ignorance. Can you make the difference? Because you make the generalisation that I was talking about. Who told you that the separatist people think they are superrior? Can you give documentation on that?
                            The problem is that lots of people will say all kinds of things but their affirmations cannot rely on serious documentations. Please accept the limit of your competence in certain topics, otherwise the risk is that you will join the redneck community.
                            Last edited by Locomotion; 07-06-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Formal education

I not aware of any formal education that rids our hearts, souls and minds of stereotype, bias, predjadism (there ya go, got me on my spelling!) and generalizations. If there is one then it should be mandatory curriculum in education for all countries, races and cultures around the world. Fill us in please on that one, I beg of you!!!

And yes I am going tongue in cheek in generalizations...it's a free country! You'll notice I also included my own cultural background...I AM IRISH CANADIAN!

When I say I've traveled extensively and told about what I've observed or had been told, it's the truth! I'm educated and intelligent enough to take it for what it is. If you don't mind may I suggest to you to read my comments again?

Comment

Working...
                              X