Thailand Flight Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand Flight Deals

Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal to Bangkok, Thailand ? $757 to $779 CAD roundtrip including taxes w/ ANA / United

Example dates:
    Apr 2 to 18
    Apr 24 to May 8
    May 7 to 21
    May 9 to 17
    May 21 to Jun 4
    Jun 4 to 18
    Jun 13 to 24
    Jun 19 to Jul 3
    ?more dates available

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deal...g-taxes-w-ana/

From what I can tell this is a good deal. I've never been to Thailand, so I'm sharing the deal for anyone else who wants to go as well.
    True Story.

Be careful with these cheap flights to Thailand.

A flight to Thailand is long enough, from Canada, without making it longer.
    From anywhere in Canada it is close to a 24 hour trip.

I see from that special it says this:
    Flights have 2 connections each way. Some flights may require an overnight layover in Tokyo.

From places like Toronto you should never need 2 connections to get to Bangkok.
    Also having an overnight stay in Tokyo is going to cost you much more money and time.
    Consider paying a little more to get there faster and not have an overnight stay.
    If you have to stay overnight or more than 8 hours, you will have to go through immigration and re-check your bags later.
    ANA is an Air Canada partner, so the first leg of this special will probably be on Air Canada anyway.

Also consider if you buy this deal you probably won't get any Aeroplan miles or any other miles for your flight.
    If you purchase it on Air Canada you can get at least 10000 aeroplan miles for return flight to Bangkok on the cheapest fare.
    Also for a little more you can have only one connection.
    My recommendations is to go through Hong Kong if you can, it is usually much more comfortable.
    Hong Kong is a fantastic layover airport also and is only 2.5 hours from Bangkok.

You can see for June Dates Air Canada does offer a cheap flight through Tokyo for $942
    There is a flight through Beijing for $1034 but you have to be careful going through mainland China.
    The flight for $1430 is on Tango which gives you 50% aeroplan miles.
    Then if you notice there is Premium Economy for $1584 which gives you a bigger seat and better food for not much more. Plus premium economy gives you 125% Aeroplan mile which can give you close to 25000 Aeroplan miles which could give you a free flight in Canada. Also 25,000 flight miles gives you the lowest status on Air Canada called Prestige which gives you better future flight benefits.
    All the flights on the air Canada choices are between 19 and 23 hours which is reasonable, you start getting over that and it gets tedious and wastes days of your vacation.

The other thing to consider is that May - Sept is the rainy season and low season.
    While prices may be very good during this period, it is possible it could rain every day, possibly all day.
    Also many ladyboys from the country go home during this time especially in Pattaya.
    There is still tons of ladyboys during this period because it is Thailand, things just may not be quite as good.
    Beaches are not much fun during this time, but you can get lucky.

Go to our sister forum for more detailed info on Thailand.
    https://theladyboyforums.com/asiaboard/

Click image for larger version

Name:	aircanada.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	582749

Name:	aircanada2.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	582750
    theladyboyforums.com
    asiants.com
    tgirlasian.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Craig. At first glance it did look like a decent deal, but it's nice to have an opinion of someone experienced with flying to Thailand. I'll pass on this deal and maybe come with you guys when you take the trip later on this year.
      True Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil_Patrick View Post
        Thanks for the info Craig. At first glance it did look like a decent deal, but it's nice to have an opinion of someone experienced with flying to Thailand. I'll pass on this deal and maybe come with you guys when you take the trip later on this year.
        I recommend the Premium Economy on Air Canada.
        For $1600 return you can't go wrong with such a long flight.
        You get more space, better food, preferred check in and boarding.
        Plus if you buy the cheapest ticket, you are the first to get bumped if they need to.
        I don't want to be bumped in some foreign country.

Last year I flew to Thailand twice on Premium Economy to Thailand and reached Elite 35k status on Air Canada.
        https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...ram-privileges

Thailand has lots of ladyboys and is very cheap when you get there.
        You want to be well rested, not super jetlagged.
        theladyboyforums.com
        asiants.com
        tgirlasian.com

Comment

I find a stop over inbetween is a good thing if you have the extra time, see an extra city and reset your jet lag a bit
          SINcerely, Lora-Lana

Comment

What Crag said. For the sake of a couple hundred bucks, don't put yourself through the inconvenience.

Comment

I travel to asia a lot (8 to 10 times a year). With the time difference (day is night, night is day) fucking your body clock, and the long flight... saving a few hundred bucks flying through China with a 12 hour stop over (and itineraries like that with other airlines) would make your first couple of days in Thailand very difficult for your fatigue factor. If you are going for the purpose of having sex with beautiful ladyboys, you don't want the first two days to be a drag because you are dead tired. Flying is an investment in your trip as well in terms of how you feel when you arrive, and you do get what you pay for.

Premium Economy is the way to go if you can buck up for it. I used to fly economy and now i always do PE because the way I feel when I land in an asian city is completely different. its worth the money to be in better shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Bawb View Post
                I find a stop over inbetween is a good thing if you have the extra time, see an extra city and reset your jet lag a bit
                I find if I am headed to Thailand it takes 48 hours to get there because you lose a day on the time changes.
                So if you were to have an over night layover that would increase your travel time 3+ days.
                Plus staying over night means having to get your bags, go through immigration and customs and find a place to stay and transportation.
                Often you will just rush to a hotel and rush back to the airport in the morning and not see much anyway.
                Then when you get back to the airport you have to check in, go through security and immigration and get to your gate.

A couple times I have stopped in Hong Kong on my way back for a day or two which i find more convenient.
                The trip back to Canada from Thailand is only about 18 hours with the time you gain back and for some reason my jetlag is always worse on the way back too.

Hong Kong is a good stayover because there is a fast train that take you to downtown in under 30 minutes and it is easy to find a hotel, but not cheap. Customs and Immigration in Hong Kong are quite easy and quick plus the airport is awesome. Great place to get stuck compared to others like Shanghai or Tokyo.

The other nice thing about Hong Kong is that it is only about 2 hour flight from Bangkok which means you can buy your ladyboy a cheap return flight. Twice I have brought my ladyboy to Hong Kong with me on my way back home. Works very well. That's how I like to do it.

Name:	IMG_2814.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	582838Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2819.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	582839Click image for larger version

Name:	20170307_140402.jpg
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	582836Click image for larger version

Name:	20170306_143105.jpg
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	582835Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1075.jpg
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	582837
                theladyboyforums.com
                asiants.com
                tgirlasian.com

Comment

Crag, you mentioned that you have to be careful going through mainland China. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmtsl View Post
                    Crag, you mentioned that you have to be careful going through mainland China. Can you elaborate?
                    If you are transferring flights Mainland China is not the best choice.
                    Everywhere except possibly Beijing, you have to go through Customs and Immigration just on a layover.
                    I think both Beijing and Shanghai have a 24 or 48 hour layover visa that allows you to visit within the city limits.
                    However all other Chinese cities don't have this option, so if you had a layover not sure what would happen.
                    Plus they are very picky when you go through immigration. When i had a layover in Shanghai last trip, I was inspected by at least 6 people.
                    Plus nobody is really there to explain what you have to do to get to your next flight. Never again.

Hong Kong is not the same, I have never had to go through customs or immigration at Hong Kong or Tokyo.
                    My recommendation is fly through Hong Kong to get to Bangkok, this is by far the best layover.
                    Tokyo and Seoul are probably second best.
                    theladyboyforums.com
                    asiants.com
                    tgirlasian.com

Comment

China Southern from Vancouver

I am in BKK at the moment... did China Southern this time (Flight left Vancouver a 1:30PM) into Guangzhou, China... with a quick 1:15 hour till flight into BKK total time was 23:30 - Did the Business class for about $3500... best flight... slept well woke up ready to go with little jet lag.. did the Cathay midnight departure last time... similar time at 25 hours but jet lagged for days so departure and arrival times matter.... also Cathay business class is $5000+

Crag is right... don't lose 2 days as a basket case.... because, guess what.... you will lose another week with a horrible cold because your immune system is weak.

BTW- BKK is awesome this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by TSd8 View Post
                        I am in BKK at the moment... did China Southern this time (Flight left Vancouver a 1:30PM) into Guangzhou, China... with a quick 1:15 hour till flight into BKK total time was 23:30 - Did the Business class for about $3500... best flight... slept well woke up ready to go with little jet lag.. did the Cathay midnight departure last time... similar time at 25 hours but jet lagged for days so departure and arrival times matter.... also Cathay business class is $5000+

Crag is right... don't lose 2 days as a basket case.... because, guess what.... you will lose another week with a horrible cold because your immune system is weak.

BTW- BKK is awesome this time of year
                        I had a two hour layover in Shanghai on my way back last time and it took me 1 hour and 50 minutes to get through all the immigration, get my bag and check back in. If the flight wasn't an hour late, I would have missed it. Not risking it again, I will pay more to got through Hong Kong.
                        Always want to keep the total travel time to Bangkok under 30 hours, even less if you live in Toronto or Vancouver.
                        Plus when i have lounge access in Hong Kong I take a shower on my layover. Thai has a nice lounge in HK.
                        Plus if you want to see other cities it is really easy and cheap to do side trips from Bangkok.
                        Thailand has almost no tax on flights so you can get a quick cheap flight to Singapore, Phenom Phen, Hong Kong, Vietnam etc very easy. Plus you can take a Thai ladyboy for a small vacation.
                        theladyboyforums.com
                        asiants.com
                        tgirlasian.com

Comment

Working...
                        X