No announcement yet.

Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Candy you look good in both pics but dam you have put some effort into yourself and it's decently paid off well done.

Comment

Originally posted by brendan888 View Post
      Wow Candy you look good in both pics but dam you have put some effort into yourself and it's decently paid off well done.
      Thanks so much brendan888... I think like gg have a biological clock going off in them I had one going off about my health and just all around taking better care of myself lol

Comment

Attached Files
        Last edited by Ana_Jolie; 08-07-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CandyLand View Post
          Thank you

Thank you! At this point in my life I really do not see myself taking steps backwards. I am only moving forward

Thanks so much Toban! Between 2010 - 2013 I lost 20 or so pounds from working out and eating healthy. Once you get to a certain point it makes it that much harder to drop the weight. So from January 2014 to now I lost about 80 pounds on the diet. It really is a life long change I am going to have to make in order to maintain it. Clearly I can have a cheat day here or there when I am done phasing out. Once in awhile doesnt hurt but when youre eating take out or crappy food on the regular thats when it becomes an issue.

You look amazing. The fitness aspect can easily become a way of life, as long as you make the time. Everyone can make the time, excuses get in the way. For me, the eating has always been the most difficult part. I tend to make the time to train, but get lazy when I need to make my food. In the Summer I tend to make a few days worth on Sunday. Other days I live on protein shakes. . I found once you are a certain fitness level, maintaining it is pretty simple with consistency.

Keep up the good work, reaching a goal is an amazing opportunity to set a new one. I'm trying to not let age be a factor, but it does start to catch up, so now I just compare to other men my age.

KC

Comment

Originally posted by KCinToronto View Post
            You look amazing. The fitness aspect can easily become a way of life, as long as you make the time. Everyone can make the time, excuses get in the way. For me, the eating has always been the most difficult part. I tend to make the time to train, but get lazy when I need to make my food. In the Summer I tend to make a few days worth on Sunday. Other days I live on protein shakes. . I found once you are a certain fitness level, maintaining it is pretty simple with consistency.

Keep up the good work, reaching a goal is an amazing opportunity to set a new one. I'm trying to not let age be a factor, but it does start to catch up, so now I just compare to other men my age.

KC
            Thanks KC! I am not able to work the fitness aspect in just yet. I am looking forward to it though I wont to be toned not like crazy toned just enough that I still feel super feminine You shouldn't just compare yourself to the average joe there are lots of men out there that are older and look a hell of a lot better than a 20 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by CandyLand View Post
              Thanks KC! I am not able to work the fitness aspect in just yet. I am looking forward to it though I wont to be toned not like crazy toned just enough that I still feel super feminine You shouldn't just compare yourself to the average joe there are lots of men out there that are older and look a hell of a lot better than a 20 year old.

It's so true. I play hockey with men 30 - 51. (I am the 51) Only one compares to my fitness level. I'm very lucky considering I only got into fitness at 29.

You look amazing and including exercise scares me how hot you're gonna be.

KC

Comment

Originally posted by KCinToronto View Post
                It's so true. I play hockey with men 30 - 51. (I am the 51) Only one compares to my fitness level. I'm very lucky considering I only got into fitness at 29.

You look amazing and including exercise scares me how hot you're gonna be.

KC
                Thanks KC! I really cant wait to start exercising. I think I want to join a gym when I am able to? You are very lucky and it just goes to show it is never to late for living a healthy lifestyle.

Comment

Candy I would like to applaud your willpower and commitment. You truly look amazing and more importantly should be very proud of yourself.

Regardless of a person's reasons and motivations, staying in shape is a life long commitment that pays off big time, it's something you never regret...particularly as you get older.

All the best to you...go girl!

Comment

Originally posted by GTanker View Post
                    Candy I would like to applaud your willpower and commitment. You truly look amazing and more importantly should be very proud of yourself.

Regardless of a person's reasons and motivations, staying in shape is a life long commitment that pays off big time, it's something you never regret...particularly as you get older.

All the best to you...go girl!
                    thank you!

Comment

I am truly so happy for you. I have never seen you look better.
                      I know very well how hard it is to get control back into your life.
                      I really admire the courage & strength it took to be so honest and public about your situation.
                      Congrats on all of your hard work
                      Tasha
                      Peace, Love & Sex is how I am spending my days

Comment

Originally posted by TashaJones View Post
                        I am truly so happy for you. I have never seen you look better.
                        I know very well how hard it is to get control back into your life.
                        I really admire the courage & strength it took to be so honest and public about your situation.
                        Congrats on all of your hard work
                        Tasha
                        Thanks Tasha thats really nice of you to say. It will always be an uphill battle I think but you get better at it as time moves on. I am actually going to check out a gym tomorrow and possibly join so I dont fall into old habits once I am on maintenance. I only have about 19 pounds and I am at my goal weight. So it is almost over and as KC said it is really good to set another goal for myself. I am sure like anything it will be a challenge at first but whatever just have to do it. As I never want to be where I was ever again.

Comment

wow

you look so amazing and im so so proud of you chicky.I know your journey wasn't easy it never is but you came through and became one of the most beautifull woman anywhere.best of luck in the future and I know youll succeed in whatever you do.
                          SEMI-RETIRED 519-209-3058

Comment

Originally posted by tslisaparadise View Post
                            you look so amazing and im so so proud of you chicky.I know your journey wasn't easy it never is but you came through and became one of the most beautifull woman anywhere.best of luck in the future and I know youll succeed in whatever you do.
                            Thanks Lisa very nice of you to say I actually just got back from the gym not to long ago. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill going 4.0 mph and about 10 on the elliptical. I kind of went in not knowing what to do lol. Next time I go in I am going to focus on problem areas and what machines to use. I went out and picked up some work out gear as well and of course got a Victorias Secret Maximum support it has padding and is push up of course ... Have to look cute while doing it lol. I will post a picture at some point in my work out gear.

Comment

Sounds like you have got it well in hand but you've actually pinpointed the first "obstacle" to people starting out a training or work out program, not knowing what to do and how the various equipment works properly.

This is often an intimating moment for people starting out. Don't let it concern you, every single person has experienced this moment. It will however tell you volumes about the type of gym you are going to.

In my experience there are basically two types gyms, those that are focused on fitness, and those that are focused on selling memberships/stuff.

I would recommend asking the staff to run you through your program (fitness goals) and the various equipment. A gym that is focused on fitness will gladly run you through all the equipment and help you meet your fitness goals without trying to sell you something.

Irrespective of the staffs motivations, don't let the being new to the gym thing ever bother you...everyone was new at one time. Before you know it you will be looking at the new people coming in and thinking...I remember when that was me, and smile to yourself knowing you have now passed that initiation.

The looking cute part...priceless.

You go girl!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GTanker View Post
                                Sounds like you have got it well in hand but you've actually pinpointed the first "obstacle" to people starting out a training or work out program, not knowing what to do and how the various equipment works properly.

This is often an intimating moment for people starting out. Don't let it concern you, every single person has experienced this moment. It will however tell you volumes about the type of gym you are going to.

In my experience there are basically two types gyms, those that are focused on fitness, and those that are focused on selling memberships/stuff.

I would recommend asking the staff to run you through your program (fitness goals) and the various equipment. A gym that is focused on fitness will gladly run you through all the equipment and help you meet your fitness goals without trying to sell you something.

Irrespective of the staffs motivations, don't let the being new to the gym thing ever bother you...everyone was new at one time. Before you know it you will be looking at the new people coming in and thinking...I remember when that was me, and smile to yourself knowing you have now passed that initiation.

The looking cute part...priceless.

You go girl!!!
                                lol yeh I know I feel good that I have literally gotten off my ass and have gone in this direction. Back a year or so ago I kind of had given up and thought I would never be thin again. I tried to not get to caught up in losing the weight and just be happy with my success month to month. Yes it was challenging and yes there were times I felt like giving up. I think in the long run it just pushed me more. So I feel it will be the same with going to the gym. The gym I joined is kind of exclusive in the respect that they have a limit to how many members they allow themselves to have. Most of the equipment has video monitors and computerized personal trainers. They offered to set me up with someone for an hour run through but I kind of chose not to. I still can at any time they the owner told me. I spoke to my partner and he is gonna go through and show me what I should be using for what I want to achieve at this time. So next time I go in I will be doing that. Its a really cool gym and I am happy I found it because they are not pushers looking to sell or upsell anything which is great. As you pointed out there are lots of gyms with that frame of mind. On a really happy note when I went out and bought my workout stuff I am fitting into a size medium so that is pretty awesome. I got the thin part down now its time to tone up!

Comment

Working...
                                X