Re: Question for body builders

you are so sexy . I love that pic too
        Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by smile004
          Fabulous details on the diet regime.
          Many many thanks to you Shelby.
          Working out twice daily wow.Tough enough getting there once.
          Time to get moving on my new regime.
          Again thanks Shelby you rock
          I have made some changes in my diet. So please re-read the 6 day meal plan.
          As I learn more Ill try and up-date this thread, maybe a few photos along the way.
          I will be starting to work out with a trainer in a few weeks to expand my strength training.
          Honestly after almost 2 weeks doing this I can already see results.
          Its a very easy diet to follow ( trust me I have a major sweet tooth, and love all those fatty foods)
          I don't miss them or have cravings. Seems like Im always eating, and washing dishes lmao
          Im eating better then I have in a long time and feel 1000 times better already.
          If you cant afford to go to the gym. Crank up your ipod and go for a brisk walk, or run, or bike ride etc.
          Hey, just have more sex. Ya that will shed of some pounds too and feel real good at the same time lol lol

have a super long weekend everyone
          work hard - play harder
          xoxo
          S

Comment

Great tips Shelby! Working long hours in an office make it difficult to do the 6 meals, but there are things that can help. I still have a few bad things in my diet (beer - ), but am making an effort. For breakfast I do a protein shake with a low carb powder, fruits, low fat yogurt and flax seed oil, plus a multi vitamin. BTW - if you're not taking flax seed oil, you may want to consider it - there are numerous health benefits, but a key is that it helps with muscle recovery. http://ga.essortment.com/whatisflaxsee_pfy.htm

I am trying a new pre-workout power bar that seems to have a good mix of proteins and carbs (almost 50 - 50). Another key is making sure you replenish the protein in your body within 30 minutes of your workout. There is no way I can goto the gym twice daily, so I am trying a 3 days on 1 off with one of the days including cardio (I am considering upping the cardio and maybe just doing 30 mins or so on the off day). Regardless of the routine though, I think as long as you stick to it ( and change it up every once in a while), results will be there.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SlaterTDot
              Great tips Shelby! Working long hours in an office make it difficult to do the 6 meals, but there are things that can help. I still have a few bad things in my diet (beer - ), but am making an effort. For breakfast I do a protein shake with a low carb powder, fruits, low fat yogurt and flax seed oil, plus a multi vitamin. BTW - if you're not taking flax seed oil, you may want to consider it - there are numerous health benefits, but a key is that it helps with muscle recovery. http://ga.essortment.com/whatisflaxsee_pfy.htm

I am trying a new pre-workout power bar that seems to have a good mix of proteins and carbs (almost 50 - 50). Another key is making sure you replenish the protein in your body within 30 minutes of your workout. There is no way I can goto the gym twice daily, so I am trying a 3 days on 1 off with one of the days including cardio (I am considering upping the cardio and maybe just doing 30 mins or so on the off day). Regardless of the routine though, I think as long s you stick to it ( and change it up every once in a while), results will be there.

Thanks.
              Ive actually modified my routine to Mon, Wed, Fri - weight training, Tue, Thur, Sat - Cardio
              I found I was burning out lmao ( no big surprise )
              After reading and talking to some others I was told to rest the muscles I work out for 2 - 4 days
              Since the only strength training I do is for my legs I have to follow the 2 to 4 day rule.
              I agree flax seed is a good idea as well as good quailty multi vitamin
              as far as pre work out nutrition every thing I have read indicates to minimize carbs prior though the added protein to is essential before your work out. After words make your self a super duper protein and fruit ( fruits are good carbs )shake as it is the carbs you burn off during your work out.
              Ill have a trainer shortly , and so I have my diet and routine gone over
              Ill post up any significant changes if any arise

For more info
              please check out my Myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=128616086

there are lots of links and info for any one wanting to get into better shape
              80% is diet and honestly a 6 meal a day plan is not that difficult to stick to

Slater T Dot keep at it, your rock !

xoxo
              S

I came across this. It is another 6 meal a day plan though the calorie count appears to be higher then mine, though looks quite nutrious just the same
              http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/nut...samplediet.htm
              They also suggest utilizing "Prolabs Lean Mass Complex"
              You have to look around some of the body building nutrition supply stores
              as I didnt see it anywhere else. I do not think GNC carries it though you can check.
              I use the oatmeal cinnamon flavor which I use for my meal one. Tastes great actually.
              If your at a loss for a protein shake and do not have a blender. Grab a shaker. If not then you can try ready made "Muscle Milk" which is sold at GNC as well as other locations. Its very pricey. Almost $6.00, but remember its a meal replacement. Try the cookies and cream flavor.
              It is much cheaper to buy protein powder and whip up your own. You can add banana, strawberries, field berries, yogurt, natural almond or peanut butter, even flax seed oil !
              Anyways have a look.
              The key is smaller portions and to stay away from breads, pasta and fried and processed foods
              And dont forget your vitamins and minerals
              ie:Beta-Carotene 25,000IU Vitamin C 1500mg B-100 Complex Natural Vitamin E 400 Mega-Mineral Complex Soya Lecithin 1200mg Chromium Picolinate

Comment

"
                meal 3) stir fry ( half a chicken or turkey breast) veggies to taste in low cal wrap or pita (300 cal.)"
                '

If you're aiming for 1800 cals, you may want to use a scale to measure the chicken, a pita is about 180 cal (whole wheat medium size), and 1/2 a chicken is more then the balance ..........3 oz of roasted chicken breast is 160 cal.........so half a chicken or a turkey breast is way more that .... plus calories if your using oil for the stir fry.........so you may end up with more then 1800 cals a day.
                If you workout hard , you may transform it in pure muscle, otherwise it becomes fat.
                I got a rotisserie (like a sunbeam) and stick the chicken in , put on a timer. Then I "clean" the chicken remove the skin, fat and bone. I put the rest in a tupperware, and I measure 3-4 onnces at the time. But I'm trying to lose fat and afterwards gain muscle. On a calorie defecit it is very hard to gain muscle, to gain muscle you need to eat more.............
                good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo
                  "
                  meal 3) stir fry ( half a chicken or turkey breast) veggies to taste in low cal wrap or pita (300 cal.)"
                  '

If you're aiming for 1800 cals, you may want to use a scale to measure the chicken, a pita is about 180 cal (whole wheat medium size), and 1/2 a chicken is more then the balance ..........3 oz of roasted chicken breast is 160 cal.........so half a chicken or a turkey breast is way more that .... plus calories if your using oil for the stir fry.........so you may end up with more then 1800 cals a day.
                  If you workout hard , you may transform it in pure muscle, otherwise it becomes fat.
                  I got a rotisserie (like a sunbeam) and stick the chicken in , put on a timer. Then I "clean" the chicken remove the skin, fat and bone. I put the rest in a tupperware, and I measure 3-4 onnces at the time. But I'm trying to lose fat and afterwards gain muscle. On a calorie defecit it is very hard to gain muscle, to gain muscle you need to eat more.............
                  good luck

Your absolutely right about the pita. I stopped using them shortly after.
                  As far as the stir fry I use less then a teaspoon of sunflower oil.
                  If you think of a tin of tuna as one portion you can easily imagine what the other portions of your meal should size up to. Im going for a 50%P 30%C 20%F but for a normal healthy diet try to go for 40%P 40%C 20%C
                  Thanks for the tips
                  Good luck
                  xoxo
                  S

Comment

careful with protein powder..try not to rely on it too much, it's a supplement.always better to eat "real" food instead of protein powder or muscle milk etc...I would recommend egg whites instead. You can buy them pasteurized in little 250 ml cartons and..yes, you can drink them, they are pasteurized!!! use protein powder rite after training, but, avoid it othertimes in the day unless you are desperate..I would also be careful bout your calorie intake, although it's right to eat 6x per day..be very careful you may have to work your way upto it, you need to have your metabolism speeded up to actually use that food. you may be better of thinking in terms of having 3 meals per day with 2 snax in between. lotsa people go crazy at first and burn out quick...when you diet your metabolism WILL slow down, and you'll hold fat..just make sure you are eating protein and good carbs every 2-3 hours. as for training, I would say do 3-4 days per week of weights and cardio afterwards. no more than that!! you will lose muscle and hold fat if you overtrain..good luck

Comment

Thanks Shelby - you ROCK! BTW great myspace page - love the music. Saw them play years ago and finished reading their book the dirt a while ago (recommend it, and you're welcome to my copy).

Keep it up, you look amazing!

Slater

Comment

Originally posted by SlaterTDot
                        Thanks Shelby - you ROCK! BTW great myspace page - love the music. Saw them play years ago and finished reading their book the dirt a while ago (recommend it, and you're welcome to my copy).

Keep it up, you look amazing!

Slater
                        Hey thanks for such a nice post and taking the time to respond.
                        give me a few months and hopefully ill look that much better for it.
                        As for my myspace, well everything just kind all made sense, and besides Ive always like Crue
                        I did read a little of that Bio. pretty out there but thats how they were.
                        You Rock Slater, right back at you
                        Have a super week
                        xoxo
                        S

As for my diet and routine, it is constantly tweaked with, but basically the diet is sound
                        I understand some concerns here and everyone is going to have their own favorite ways of doing things.
                        Some Ive considered and some Ive passed on.
                        Thats the beauty of a forum.
                        As far as stir fry chicken breast verus roasted chicken breast. After checking around most experts think they are about equal. Dont forget, when your roasting a chicken you are using its own juices a fat. Sounds ideal until you realize its still being cook in animal fat. For me I think Ill stick to using sunflower or something similar.
                        As far as protein and when to take it. Rule of thumb *and Ive checked this repeatably with experts is:
                        Absolutely **before your work out**. Probably 40-50mg of protein. Avoid carbs as the will trick your body into utilizing those new carbs you just ate instead of burning off your fat. Protein builds muscle so you need this in your system 45-60 mins prior to your work out.
                        The next best time is an hour before you go to sleep. This is to supply your body what it needs to heal the muscles. When we sleep our body goes into doctor mode and fixs things.
                        As far as carbs. Best to have a higher percentage in the morning, though after a workout it is vital the you refuel your body with carbs,. This should be done as soon as possible and no later then 45 minutes after your work out. This is the optimum time for your body to properly utilize and break down good carbs. It is never suggested that you do **large amounts of protein** directly after your work out. This is when you body has gone into rest and more then likely be turned into fat.
                        Eating natural foods is always best, but realistically it is not possible for many to prepare and cook 6 meals a day.
                        If you use shakes and bars appropriately there should be a problem. This is far better then going to a drive through burger joint. Consider shakes and protein bars healthy fast food.
                        Seach the net, there is so much info on all this, and when I say "diet" I mean my meal plan. 1800 calories a day is still not that low. So understand I have not created a starvation plan here. This is not a high protein low carb fad *diet* either.
                        It is documented over and over again that a 6 meal plan infact raises your metabolism. After a while your body will get use to this and like all things you will have to shift your calorie, protein, carn and fat counts around to force your body not to sit at a plateau and level out.
                        Slow and steady wins the race, and you should expect to see a loss in 1lb of body fat in about a weeks time.
                        After less then 4 weeks on this regime I can easily see a difference, and also have much more energy and alertness.

My before workout meal consists of a whole chicken breast, a cup full of broccoli.

What are healthy Carbs?
                        Brown rice
                        Vegetables, and yes that includes a baked Potato, though Yams are preffered
                        Fruits also.
                        Vegetables are considered the no carb carb to many so brown rice or a good ole spud will give you some need starch and your carb count.
                        The best veggi to eat is probably Broccoli. A cup full of broccoli has more vitamin C then an Orange!
                        also contains plenty of vitamin A and many anti oxidants and cancer fighting qualities.

Good Sorces of Protein?
                        Chicken breast
                        Turkey Breast
                        Some fish including a tin of Tuna ( in water )
                        Lean top sirloin steak
                        Cottage cheese

I started costing out why this ***********MEAL PLAN************ ( not diet )
                        is setting me back. I spoke to one person who felt that eating healthy was expensive.
                        I broke it down as best I could and it comes do $105.00 a week or $15.00 a day. There are people who spend more then $15.00 on only 1 lunch !
                        Thats pretty cheap considering Im eating fresh chicken, fish, and the odd lean top sirloin steak, plenty of fruit and veggies and all my vitamins and minerals and water each and every day.

I dont smoke ( i quit again ), i dont do drink, and i dont do drugs
                        but i do like to f*@k and I do like to work out!................... ok and I love to go shopping as well.
                        Its a chic thing what can I say
                        thanks everyone, keep up the tips
                        good stuff for everyone
                        xoxo
                        S

Comment

If, like me, you love the look of female bodybuilders and are looking for the right gym to join, then this is the perfect place for you! Check out buy sarms https://dinespower.com/en/sarms-en and discover a world of options to achieve your fitness goals. With so many options, it can be difficult to find the right gym that not only wants to make money but also really helps its members. But don't worry, here you'll find a community of like-minded people ready to support you on your fitness journey. Let's achieve our goals and perfect our physiques together!

Comment

Working...
                          X